Assistant Entry Clearance Officer
Company / Job Description
The British Consulate General in Istanbul is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas as is now looking to hire two Temporary Assistant Entry Clearance Officers for its UK Visas and Immigration department.
UK Visas and Immigration is the overseas arm of the UK's immigration control. Istanbul is one of the busiest Visa Sections in the world and processes applications made in Turkey, Central Asia, South Caucasus, Tel Aviv and n Cyprus. Our people are committed to providing a first class service, and are expected to be flexible, and to make fair and defensible decisions on visa applications quickly, balancing the need for a high level of customer service with the requirement to maintain the integrity of the immigration control.
This job may particularly be appealing to you if:
- your spouse/partner works for the Foreign Office or Home Office;
- you would like to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment as part of a large and diverse team of people, committed to achieving clear service delivery goals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing a limited range of visa applications. Making quick and pragmatic decisions to issue and refuse visas in accordance with the Immigration Rules, and within agreed timescales;
- Dealing with correspondence and other enquiries from applicants, sponsors and members of the public. Preparing well-presented and accurate replies, written in plain English, within target times.
The ideal candidate should be:
- A good communicator with excellent spoken and written English;
- Computer literate with accurate typing skills of at least 25 words per minute;
- Able to remain customer focused, polite and courteous under pressure;
- Able to work quickly and reliably with little supervision and meet challenging targets;
- Capable of making quick decisions in accordance with set rules and able to show that these decisions are fair and just;
- An excellent team player; this is an all for one, and one for all environment;
- Flexible and positive about working in a forward thinking, modern and motivated department, which is working at the forefront of visa work. We are committed to improving standards and procedures - and we are looking for like-minded employees;
- An excellent representative of the UK Visa and Immigration, the British Consulate General and of the UK Government.
- Knowledgeable of UK immigration legislation (an advantage but not essential as full training will be given).
Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace
For further details on this vacancy and to apply, please follow the link:
This is a full-time four-month temporary contract for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The annual salary for this position is 75,028.80 TL gross, A2 Senior level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have permission to live in Turkey. Applicants must hold a passport valid for at least 12 months for any of the following: UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or any EU country (note- Non British Passport Holders must also have Turkish Nationality).
The successful candidates will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months. They will be also required to attend a 2 week training course in London/Abu Dhabi or elsewhere. During the course the candidate must pass an examination to enable them to take up the appointment, failure to pass will result in the offer of a job being withdrawn.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General in Istanbul are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
Benzer ilanlar için e-posta gönder.
Benzer İş İlanları
- Vize Takip Danışmanı Ankara
Ankara ilinde faaliyet gösteren danışmanlık şirketimizde görevlendirmek üzere çalışma arkadaşları aramaktayız. Vize dosyasının eksiksiz hazırlanması hususunda...
- Assistant Entry Clearance Officer İstanbul Avrupa Yakası
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our ...
İş Bulma TaktikleriÖzgeçmişinizi öne çıkartacak 4 öneri
İş aramada başarılı olmak için sizinle aynı pozisyona başvuranlara göre öne çıkmanız gerekli. Bu aslında o kadar zor değil. İşte size bir adım önde olmanızı sağlayacak 4 öneri.