- 50 - 100 Arası Aday Başvurdu
- 1344 Görüntüleme
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
The British Consulate General in Istanbul is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas as is now looking to hire a Prosperity Officer.
Work as part of the Economic and Prosperity Team in the Turkey network to deliver the UK’s prosperity agenda for Turkey, including promoting the conditions for growth in Turkey, and delivering commercial benefits to the UK. The UK’s prosperity agenda for 2016 focuses on trade, health and anti-corruption, as well as continuing action to tackle growth barriers and global economic problems. The job holder will work in close collaboration with the Department for International Trade (DIT), British Council and Visit Britain. The Economic and Prosperity Team aims to encourage economic reforms in Turkey to deliver sustainable growth, strong economic governance and remove barriers to growth. We also work towards boosting free trade, tackle global economic challenges and strengthen the rules based international economic system, all issues which have become increasingly more important post-Brexit.
In November 2015 the British Government announced the Prosperity Fund, a £1.3 billion programme to support growth in a group of high performing emerging economies, including Turkey and identify opportunities for UK business. The programme will run from 2016 – 2020. The job holder will be involved in some aspects of the cross-Government Prosperity Fund in Turkey (worth approx. £1,25M for 2016-2017). The priority areas include Financial Services, Health and Health care, Future Cities, Low Carbon Economy and Business Environment (which includes work on trade, anti-corruption and transparency).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support the UK’s prosperity agenda by:
- Working with Britain’s National Tourism Agency Visit Britain in Turkey by creating network opportunities and partnerships to fulfil prosperity objectives. This would involve stakeholder engagement and managing meeting and events;
- Implementing the visa communication strategy, with the support of internal stakeholders, to integrate the communication of visa policy in all work carried out by UK Government in Turkey. You would be working in close partnership with all sections in the Embassy/consulate including UK Visas, DIT and British Council;
- Enhance and implement the "UK Alumni in Turkey Strategy" to introduce UK alumni to the Prosperity agenda. Work in close collaboration with British Council to deliver on the strategy and enhance UK alumni involvement in roundtables, workshops or seminars arranged by the Turkey Network.
2. Liaise with the Prosperity Fund Programme Manager to contribute to the delivery of the Prosperity Fund in Turkey, including:
- Assisting project partners (NGOs or other applicant organisations) to design project bids in line with the Embassy’s and wider Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) objectives;
- Assessing proposals and potential implementing organisations. Producing recommendations for the Turkey-wide Programme Board;
- Co-ordinating, monitoring and evaluation of projects and implementing agencies to ensure activities are being conducted in accordance with agreed plans and objectives.
3. Line management of a Prosperity Support Officer.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- A university or equivalent degree;
- Strong communication skills with excellent spoken and written Turkish and English;
- Project management and events management experience;
- Demonstrate appropriate (written and oral) skills developed from experience in researching, managing and delivering successful projects and campaigns in relevant areas such as marketing & communications;
- Demonstrate a proven record of understanding business drivers and the international commercial environment;
- A strong understanding of customer service and have experience in dealing with VIP customers, senior officials and customers;
- Ability to manage own work with minimal supervision and work effectively under tight deadlines;
- Ability to manage others;
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Excellent team and people skills, and be comfortable engaging with people of all levels of seniority and (potentially) handling sensitive relationships;
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and good follow-up discipline;
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with internal and external customers, stakeholders and partners and undertake outward facing representational work;
- Availability for travelling around Turkey and to United Kingdom.
Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace
Application deadline : 1 December 2016
For further details on this vacancy and to apply, please follow the link below:https://fco.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/candidate/post/2167/en-GB.
Grade : B3 (L)
Type of Position : Full-time, Permanent
Working hours per week : 36.25
Number of vacancies : 1
Starting yearly salary (TRY) : 84,713.60 TL gross
Start Date: 1 January 2017
Other benefits and conditions of employment:
This is a full-time permanent contract for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The annual salary for this position is 84, 713.60 TL gross, B3 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Consulate General does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General in Istanbul are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
British Embassy Turkey
Our mission is to develop and improve relationships that will make the UK and Turkey more secure and prosperous. Our priorities include cooperation in international policy; trade and investment; defence; energy; illegal immigration; counter-terrorism; and international crime.
Our network of posts in Turkey, including the British Embassy in Ankara and our Consulate General in Istanbul, develop and maintain relations between the UK and Turkey. We work on a wide range of issues including Turkey’s bid to join the European Union, the economy, energy policy and international security.
We have a dedicated team working on projects to improve Turkey’s prospects of joining the EU. We are improving ties between British and Turkish companies to ensure that we meet the target set by the British prime minister and his Turkish counterpart in 2010 to double bilateral trade by 2015.
We have a large consular network with posts in Antalya, Bodrum, Marmaris, Izmir and Fethiye. These offices deal with a wide range of issues in a country that receives around 2.5 million British visitors a year and where up to 40,000 Britons live for all or part of the year.
In addition to staff posted to Turkey from the United Kingdom, the Embassy employs staff locally, most of whom are Turkish citizens. We seek to recruit and retain talented and high performing staff, who support and develop each other and are committed to high standards of service.
The Embassy values diverse talents, skills and background, drawing on the rich cultural and ethnic diversity of the UK and Turkey. As an equal opportunities employer, the Embassy welcomes applications from suitably qualified individuals, regardless of race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief and age.
The Embassy HR Office accepts applications only for specific vacancy announcements. We will not accept applications that are not associated with a specific vacancy announcement.
İş Bulma TaktikleriÖzgeçmişinizi öne çıkartacak 4 öneri
İş aramada başarılı olmak için sizinle aynı pozisyona başvuranlara göre öne çıkmanız gerekli. Bu aslında o kadar zor değil. İşte size bir adım önde olmanızı sağlayacak 4 öneri.