Company / Job Description
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
The British Consulate General in Istanbul is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas as is now looking to hire a Prosperity Officer.
Work as part of the Economic and Prosperity Team in the Turkey network to deliver the UK’s prosperity agenda for Turkey, including promoting the conditions for growth in Turkey, and delivering commercial benefits to the UK. The UK’s prosperity agenda for 2016 focuses on trade, health and anti-corruption, as well as continuing action to tackle growth barriers and global economic problems. The job holder will work in close collaboration with the Department for International Trade (DIT), British Council and Visit Britain. The Economic and Prosperity Team aims to encourage economic reforms in Turkey to deliver sustainable growth, strong economic governance and remove barriers to growth. We also work towards boosting free trade, tackle global economic challenges and strengthen the rules based international economic system, all issues which have become increasingly more important post-Brexit.
In November 2015 the British Government announced the Prosperity Fund, a £1.3 billion programme to support growth in a group of high performing emerging economies, including Turkey and identify opportunities for UK business. The programme will run from 2016 – 2020. The job holder will be involved in some aspects of the cross-Government Prosperity Fund in Turkey (worth approx. £1,25M for 2016-2017). The priority areas include Financial Services, Health and Health care, Future Cities, Low Carbon Economy and Business Environment (which includes work on trade, anti-corruption and transparency).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support the UK’s prosperity agenda by:
- Working with Britain’s National Tourism Agency Visit Britain in Turkey by creating network opportunities and partnerships to fulfil prosperity objectives. This would involve stakeholder engagement and managing meeting and events;
- Implementing the visa communication strategy, with the support of internal stakeholders, to integrate the communication of visa policy in all work carried out by UK Government in Turkey. You would be working in close partnership with all sections in the Embassy/consulate including UK Visas, DIT and British Council;
- Enhance and implement the "UK Alumni in Turkey Strategy" to introduce UK alumni to the Prosperity agenda. Work in close collaboration with British Council to deliver on the strategy and enhance UK alumni involvement in roundtables, workshops or seminars arranged by the Turkey Network.
2. Liaise with the Prosperity Fund Programme Manager to contribute to the delivery of the Prosperity Fund in Turkey, including:
- Assisting project partners (NGOs or other applicant organisations) to design project bids in line with the Embassy’s and wider Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) objectives;
- Assessing proposals and potential implementing organisations. Producing recommendations for the Turkey-wide Programme Board;
- Co-ordinating, monitoring and evaluation of projects and implementing agencies to ensure activities are being conducted in accordance with agreed plans and objectives.
3. Line management of a Prosperity Support Officer.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- A university or equivalent degree;
- Strong communication skills with excellent spoken and written Turkish and English;
- Project management and events management experience;
- Demonstrate appropriate (written and oral) skills developed from experience in researching, managing and delivering successful projects and campaigns in relevant areas such as marketing & communications;
- Demonstrate a proven record of understanding business drivers and the international commercial environment;
- A strong understanding of customer service and have experience in dealing with VIP customers, senior officials and customers;
- Ability to manage own work with minimal supervision and work effectively under tight deadlines;
- Ability to manage others;
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Excellent team and people skills, and be comfortable engaging with people of all levels of seniority and (potentially) handling sensitive relationships;
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and good follow-up discipline;
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with internal and external customers, stakeholders and partners and undertake outward facing representational work;
- Availability for travelling around Turkey and to United Kingdom.
Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace
Application deadline : 1 December 2016
For further details on this vacancy and to apply, please follow the link below:https://fco.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/candidate/post/2167/en-GB.
Grade : B3 (L)
Type of Position : Full-time, Permanent
Working hours per week : 36.25
Number of vacancies : 1
Starting yearly salary (TRY) : 84,713.60 TL gross
Start Date: 1 January 2017
Other benefits and conditions of employment:
This is a full-time permanent contract for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The annual salary for this position is 84, 713.60 TL gross, B3 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Consulate General does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General in Istanbul are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
Benzer ilanlar için e-posta gönder.
Benzer İş İlanları
- Project Management Officer (PMO) İstanbul Avrupa Yakası
Daimler AG builds up an IT-Competence Center in Turkey. SAP & Rollout Shared Service (SR ShS) has two targets. In one hand; the Service for the SAP environm...
- Projekt Management İstanbul Avrupa Yakası
Daimler AG baut in der Türkei ein IT-Kompetenzzentrum auf. SAP & Rollout Shared Service (SR ShS) hat zwei Ziele. Zum einen wird der Service für die SAP-Land...
- Proje Yönetimi İstanbul Avrupa Yakası, İstanbul Anadolu Yakası
Daimler AG, Mercedes-Benz Turkiye A.S. bunyesinde yetkili bir IT Merkezi kurmaktadir. Kurulacak SAP & Rollout Shared Service (SR ShS)’in iki hedefi bu...
- PROJECT COORDINATORS Türkiye, İstanbul Avrupa Yakası, İstanbul Anadolu Yakası
We are looking for project coordinator candidates that will manage and organize the projects we acquired from respectful companies worldwide, will follow requi...
- Proje ve Satış Mühendisi İstanbul Avrupa Yakası
Firma Tanımı LedYapı Aydınlatma, aydınlatma sektörümüzün güçlü ve köklü LED aydınlatma firmalarından biriyiz. Ledionopto firmasının ortadoğu distribütörlüğüyle...
- Fabrika Müdürü İstanbul Anadolu Yakası, İstanbul - Gebze
Danışmanlığını yapmakta olduğumuz, kaynak elektrotları, gazaltı , tozaltı ,özlü tip kaynak telleri , redresörler,gazaltı , tozaltı kaynak makineleri , inverter ...
- Fabrika Müdürü İstanbul Avrupa Yakası
Gıda üretimi konusunda deneyimli Yöneticilik vasıfları gelişmiş,150 personele yöneticilik yapabilecek, Kalite sistemleri konusunda deneyimli Mevcut maaliyet ...
- FABRİKA MÜDÜRÜ İstanbul Anadolu Yakası, İstanbul - Gebze
Danışmanlığını yapmakta olduğumuz İstanbul Anadolu Yaksında yer alan makina üretim Firmasının Üretim ve Fabrikasını yönetecek,üretimi organi...
İş Bulma TaktikleriÖzgeçmişinizi öne çıkartacak 4 öneri
İş aramada başarılı olmak için sizinle aynı pozisyona başvuranlara göre öne çıkmanız gerekli. Bu aslında o kadar zor değil. İşte size bir adım önde olmanızı sağlayacak 4 öneri.