Responsibilities Solution Design:
· Create basic design and coordinate with customer for detailed design.
· Guide design personnel in the realization of the drawings of the conventional part of the system (racks and cubicles). Verify the resultant design documents and assure the coherency of the system in line with customer & industrial specification.
· Modify the design in line with approval comments or changes made at the manufacturing, factory acceptance or commissioning stages.
· Produce a complete set of specs (including software configuration guidelines for DCS projects) and manage the preparation of project related documentation including functional descriptions, data sheets and test instructions.
· Generating process control application software for ABB/GE/Emerson/Honeywell/Siemens DCS and PLC systems.
· Perform the internal validation and factory acceptance tests.
· Support / assist site commissioning and other stakeholders of DCS/SCADA OEMs.
· Ensure commitments are met in line with the logistical/delivery requirements of the projects
Qualified to degree level in Computer/Electrical / Electronic Engineering (preferably with software and power systems options)
· Proven experience in Distributed Control Systems/Digital Control Systems.
· The application of distributed computer architectures, ideally with knowledge of the application of this technology in electrical substations, power plant boiler house, environmental control and turbine island.
· Engineering control systems for HV or MV utility applications and have knowledge in various communication protocols: IEC 61850, UCA 2.0, DNP3.0, Courier, MODBUS, IEC 60870-5-101 / 103 / 104.
· Conduct FAT & assist SAT at customer sites.
· Personal computer skills including e-mail, database, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
· Reasoning abilities to include: defining problems, collect relevant data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
· Language abilities to include: to read/interpret general and technical documentation including tender/contract documents, drawings, schematics, procedures and policy guidelines; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before and deliver formal technical presentations to- groups of customers.
· Proficiency in English language is mandatory.
· Ability to work on multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines, teamwork is also a requirement.
· Flexible approach to working hours is essential.
· Able to undertake minimal international travels for training & discussions.
· Able to drive to customer sites.
· An appreciation of cubicle/rack construction is also desirable.
· Site working environment & EHS requirements.
Job Location/Mobility Requirements
Istanbul (Turkey). Travel to other European countries for attending discussions / support customer site works / Training requirements.