The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
The British Consulate General in Istanbul is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to hire temporary Data Registry Clerksfor its UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) section.
UKVI is the overseas arm of the UK's immigration control. Istanbul is one of the busiest Visa Sections in the world and processes applications made in Turkey, Central Asia, South Caucasus, Tel Aviv and Northern Cyprus. We are committed to providing a first class service, and are expected to be flexible, and to make fair and defensible decisions on visa applications quickly, balancing the need for a high level of customer service with the requirement to maintain the integrity of the immigration control.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected to play a multifunctional role in a demanding environment and support UKVI Data Team during the summer.
The main duty of the registry clerk is to check, scan and input data onto the computer system within a specified time.
Essential qualifications and experience:
The ideal candidate should be:
- A good communicator with excellent spoken and written Turkish and English;
- An excellent team player; this is an all for one, and one for all environment;
- Able to work under pressure as part of a large team and complete tasks to an agreed standard;
- Play a multifunctional role and maintain flexibility and rotate between units and various tasks as required;
- Able to remain customer focused, polite and courteous under pressure;
- Able to manage own work with minimal supervision;
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word and Excel;
- Flexible and positive about working in a forward thinking, modern and motivated department, which is working at the forefront of visa work.
Desirable qualifications and experience:
- A graduate or an equivalent degree;
- Experience in data entry;
- Experience in working in an international or governmental organisation;
- Experience in working towards targets.
Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
For further details on this vacancy and to apply, please follow the link below:
Application deadline : 9 March 2017
Grade : A1 (L)
Type of Position : Full-time, Temporary
Working hours per week : 36.25
Number of vacancies : 5
Starting yearly salary (TRY) : 44,233.60 TL gross (will be calculated pro rata)
Start Date : 1 April 2017
End Date : 30 June 2017
Other benefits and conditions of employment:
This is a full-time three-month temporary contract, with the possiblity of one-month extension, for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The annual salary for this position is 44,233.60 TL gross, A1 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Consulate General does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General in Istanbul are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.