Job Title:Driver & Administrative Assistant
Salary:TRY 3,432 – TRY 4,750 per month
Closing date:17th December 2017
Full time: 45 hours per week
Applications are sought from persons interested in employment at the Australian Embassy in Ankara engaged on local terms and conditions of employment as a Locally Engaged Staff member.
About the Agency / Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the position
The Driver position will provide safe, reliable and timely transport for staff and visitors within Ankara and the surrounding areas. This position also provides assistance with administrative tasks.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide transport for HOM, other Embassy staff and official visitors and undertake delivery and collection services
- Maintain official vehicle fleet, including arranging regular servicing, insurance, registration and fuel card purchases
- Collect and distribute mail and other correspondence in accordance with standard operating policy and procedures
- Undertake regular maintenance checks of Chancery and HOM residence and report faults
- Supervise the work of contractors at Chancery and HOM residence in accordance with WHS policy requirements
- Manage essential services register including the regular servicing of fire extinguishers, first aid kit stocks, AED, electrical tag/test and satellite/radio communications
- Assist in maintaining inventories of furniture/equipment and undertake annual stocktakes and asset management administrative processesUndertake procurement of office consumables and source quotes
- Must hold a valid driving licence with a proven safe driving record
- Extensive knowledge of road/traffic systems in Ankara and surrounds
- High level verbal communication skills in English and Turkish
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook productsKnowledge of Ankara Esenboğa Airport and the VIP suites.
- Knowledge of the protocols which appertain to all these venues.
You will be required to address the selection criteria below in your application. You must include succinct, high-level and relevant examples that support your claims against the role. Please allow a maximum of 250 words per criteria.
A. Possession of a valid Turkish driver licence. Demonstrated knowledge of traffic regulations and local traffic conditions. Excellent knowledge of roads and routes in Ankara and other locations. Demonstrated armoured vehicle driving ability or willingness to undertake specialist driver training.
B. Demonstrated responsibility, punctuality and flexibility including an ability to work under stress. Result and solution oriented attitude with the ability to deliver transport services in a timely and safe manner at all times.
C. Willingness and availability to work out of hours with no restriction for travel throughout the country.
D. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build productive working relationships combined with a readiness to work under supervision and deliver tasks as required.
E. Well-developed ability to communicate effectively in both Turkish and English, both orally and in writing, including basic interpretation and translation skills.