The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
The British Consulate General in Istanbul is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas as is now looking to hire a Security Guard. Duties will include access control and searching of visitors. We expect our security guards to set an example in respecting BCG Istanbul’s internal procedures as well as the law and display a pleasant and professional demeanour at all times. This role will include shift and weekend working.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Essential qualifications and experience
Desirable qualifications and experience
- A working knowledge of spoken English would be an advantage.
Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Type of Position: Full-time, Night shifts, Permanent
Working hours per week: 43.75
Number of vacancies: 1
Starting yearly salary (TRY): 38,169.60 TL gross
The annual salary for this position is 38,169.60 TL gross, S2 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Consulate General does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
The annual salary for this position is 32,409.60 TL gross, S2 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General in Istanbul are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
For further details on this vacancy and to apply, please follow the link: https://fco.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/4/pl/1/opp/4613-Budget-Manager-TUR482/en-GB
The British Embassy in Ankara is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas, and is now looking to hire a Budget Manager.
The Budget Manager for the Turkey Network, comprising Ankara, Istanbul, Izmir, Bodrum, Antalya and Fethiye and Marmaris, will be working in a busy and dynamic network at a time of rapid change. The job holder will be responsible for overseeing the professional and accurate delivery of finance and budgeting services, working with policy makers in London, senior management at Post and the Finance hub in Vilnius to implement new initiatives, with the Regional Corporate Services Centre in Milton Keynes to ensure the effective and timely provision of financial transactions, and will be responsible for the provision of accurate budgeting information to senior management. The role reports to the Head of Corporate Services in Ankara and the DHM in Ankara/Istanbul.
The role requires someone that is innovative, energetic, as well as a self-starter and experienced manager with a successful finance background. The Budget Manager will thrive on challenge, have the drive and resilience to see a job through, and set and observe high standards of customer service. The job holder will be given considerable freedom of action and will be expected to use their own initiative with little day-to-day input from line managers, often exercising their own judgement on the basis of limited information.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Leadership and Management (20%):
- Ensure overall efficient and effective operation of the work of the Finance Team, with responsibility for managing one staff member. Providing guidance and advice to Prism users across a large and busy Network, and the CSMs and finance points-of-contact in all Turkey Network posts;
- Stakeholder engagement to include all posts in the Turkey Network, and more widely; key departments in London including Finance Directorate, the Europe Directorate RMU, the Corporate Services Centre in Milton Keynes, and the regional Finance Hub in Vilnius.
- Ability to influence stakeholders at a senior level is a requirement;
- Ability to manage and motivate staff, ensuring that tight deadlines are met to a high standard.
Budget and Finance (80%):
- Budget forecasting and management for all Turkey Network posts, in close consultation with senior managers, in accordance with FCO corporate policies to ensure on-budget expenditure and value for money delivery;
- Prepare monthly, annual and ad hoc (bespoke) reports to senior managers on budget management, including budget projections and spending to date;
- Provide financial analysis as required and assist in preparation of business cases for additional funding from London, or in plans to implement savings and efficiencies;
- Provide monthly reports on spend to OneHMG partners in the Turkey Network;
- Financial compliance and assurance: oversee accounts to ensure proper financial controls are in place and are being followed;
- Propose new approaches and solution, demonstrating innovative thinking to the complex and cross-cutting problems that will arise from the management of a significant network budget of almost £9 million in a Network with multiple OneHMG partners.
- At least 5 years of staff and budget management experience with a successful finance/accounting background;
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance or relevant work experience;
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills, with very good attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills with a strong costumer focus;
- Ability to work with contacts and colleagues at all levels;
- Flexible, resilient under pressure and decisive with a proven track record of delivering results to a high standard within tight dealines;
- Excellent MS Excel skills;
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Oracle based finance/budgeting software;
- Fluency in Turkish would be an asset.
British Embassy Turkey
Our mission is to develop and improve relationships that will make the UK and Turkey more secure and prosperous. Our priorities include cooperation in international policy; trade and investment; defence; energy; illegal immigration; counter-terrorism; and international crime.
Our network of posts in Turkey, including the British Embassy in Ankara and our Consulate General in Istanbul, develop and maintain relations between the UK and Turkey. We work on a wide range of issues including Turkey’s bid to join the European Union, the economy, energy policy and international security.
We have a dedicated team working on projects to improve Turkey’s prospects of joining the EU. We are improving ties between British and Turkish companies to ensure that we meet the target set by the British prime minister and his Turkish counterpart in 2010 to double bilateral trade by 2015.
We have a large consular network with posts in Antalya, Bodrum, Marmaris, Izmir and Fethiye. These offices deal with a wide range of issues in a country that receives around 2.5 million British visitors a year and where up to 40,000 Britons live for all or part of the year.
In addition to staff posted to Turkey from the United Kingdom, the Embassy employs staff locally, most of whom are Turkish citizens. We seek to recruit and retain talented and high performing staff, who support and develop each other and are committed to high standards of service.
The Embassy values diverse talents, skills and background, drawing on the rich cultural and ethnic diversity of the UK and Turkey. As an equal opportunities employer, the Embassy welcomes applications from suitably qualified individuals, regardless of race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief and age.
The Embassy HR Office accepts applications only for specific vacancy announcements. We will not accept applications that are not associated with a specific vacancy announcement.