EECAN Marketing and Communications Senior Manager (TUR19.256)
- Yönlendirmeli İlan
- 2206 Görüntüleme
- Work closely with our DIT HQ Marketing and Communications team, managing a strategic shift in our EECAN marketing and communications approach. This will focus on building high impact marketing and communications campaigns that support our EECAN objectives of promoting the UK’s prosperity objectives and as a place to invest and do business with. These are designed to attract attention, promote a clear call to action and generate real leads for UK goods and services, or investment leads, that can be followed up by DIT teams in our markets;
- Develop the above in close co-operation with the DIT team across EECAN and our sector teams in the UK, identifying opportunities across our key business sectors (e.g. Oil and Gas, Agriculture, Mining, Technology) and wider work, to reach a business audience. You will also work with our UK Export Finance (UKEF) Country Head for EECAN to ensure that the UKEF offer is integrated within our marketing campaigns;
- Assure the delivery of projects, by finding innovative and creative solutions to deliver, creating compelling content and material, including case studies, and driving effective marketing, advertising and PR activity. You will support campaign research to help form insights that can help with strategy development and improve campaign performance;
- Manage the EECAN marketing budget (and any other marketing related funding allocated to EECAN) and plan and coordinate the use of GREAT brand assets, identifying and mitigating risks. You will evaluate activity rigorously;
- Manage significant internal and external stakeholders and be the principal point of contact on the new Global Trade Campaign. You will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely information flows between our various stakeholders. Internally, you will work closely with FCO Press and Communications colleagues and others across the British government’s network in EECAN to identify areas for collaboration and ensure maximum impact from our communications activity. Externally, you will need to build networks and develop constructive relationships with e.g. Turkish media, event organisers and multipliers; the British Chamber of Commerce (BCCT); the UK regions, and UK and Turkish business/trade associations;
- You will have excellent contacts already in marketing and communications locally here in Istanbul: have managed big-budget productions, and quickly build an understanding of what EECAN’s businesses want from the UK offer. You will have the ability to operate at a senior level, developing contacts in industry, niche media and influencers.
- The successful jobholder will report to EECAN’s Chief Operating Officer who is based in Istanbul and work closely with the Deputy Trade Commissioner for EECAN.
- In summary, a challenging role but real rewards await the successful candidate. An unmissable opportunity!
- Application deadline 14 August 2019
- Grade C4 (L)
- Type of Position Permanent, Full-time
- Working hours per week 36.25
- Region Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
- Country/Territory Turkey
- Location (City) Istanbul
- Type of Post British Consulate General
- Number of vacancies 1
- Starting monthly salary (USD) 3,251.74 gross
- This is a full-time permanent contract, for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
- The monthly salary for this position is 3,251.74 USD gross C4 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
- All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Consulate General in Istanbul does not sponsor for work permits.
- The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
- Staff recruited locally by The British Consulate General in Istanbul is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
- British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills and experience of managing internal and external stakeholders;
- The ability to commission and analyse research, identify relevant insight that can support campaign objectives, mapping this insight to channels and audiences;
- Fluency in English (both oral and written);
- Strong written communication and the ability to create compelling content;
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and managing uncertainty and competing priorities to achieve objectives;
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills;
- Project and event management experience;
- A passion for marketing and be a strong team player with a positive attitude who is willing to get stuck into a wide range of projects.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Fluency in Russian (both oral and written);
- Experience of paid-for campaigns;
- Experience of international marketing;
- An understanding of what EECAN’s businesses want from the UK offer;
- Experience of working in a commercial trade and investment context;
- Marketing and communication contacts in our other EECAN markets.
Seeing the Big Picture, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace
British Consulate General İstanbul
British Embassy Turkey
Our mission is to develop and improve relationships that will make the UK and Turkey more secure and prosperous. Our priorities include cooperation in international policy; trade and investment; defence; energy; illegal immigration; counter-terrorism; and international crime.
Our network of posts in Turkey, including the British Embassy in Ankara and our Consulate General in Istanbul, develop and maintain relations between the UK and Turkey. We work on a wide range of issues including Turkey’s bid to join the European Union, the economy, energy policy and international security.
We have a dedicated team working on projects to improve Turkey’s prospects of joining the EU. We are improving ties between British and Turkish companies to ensure that we meet the target set by the British prime minister and his Turkish counterpart in 2010 to double bilateral trade by 2015.
We have a large consular network with posts in Antalya, Bodrum, Marmaris, Izmir and Fethiye. These offices deal with a wide range of issues in a country that receives around 2.5 million British visitors a year and where up to 40,000 Britons live for all or part of the year.
In addition to staff posted to Turkey from the United Kingdom, the Embassy employs staff locally, most of whom are Turkish citizens. We seek to recruit and retain talented and high performing staff, who support and develop each other and are committed to high standards of service.
The Embassy values diverse talents, skills and background, drawing on the rich cultural and ethnic diversity of the UK and Turkey. As an equal opportunities employer, the Embassy welcomes applications from suitably qualified individuals, regardless of race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief and age.
The Embassy HR Office accepts applications only for specific vacancy announcements. We will not accept applications that are not associated with a specific vacancy announcement.