Administrative Assistant for Chevening Scholarship Programme
- Yönlendirmeli İlan
- 1210 Görüntüleme
The British Embassy in Ankara is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit an Administrative Assistant Chevening Scholarship Programme.
Main purpose of job:
Chevening is the UK government's flagship global scholarship programme which aims to raise
future leaders who will maintain lasting positive relationships with the UK. With oversight
from the Chevening Officer and Head of Communications, the jobholder will provide support
to the team to co-ordinate the overall implementation of the Chevening Programme in Turkey,
including opportunities to promote the programme as part of our Public Diplomacy plans.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To assist in managing the process of Chevening applications and help promote the Chevening scheme in Turkey in line with the Marketing Strategy drafted by the Chevening Officer (CO);
- To work with the wider team, to support FCO foreign policy priorities and to achieve FCO objectives through creating lasting positive relationships with future leaders/influencers within the Chevening Alumni community and provide support for wider cross cutting themes to promote UK's soft power;
- To help implement the wider Alumni Engagement Plan in Turkey in order to increase Alumni interaction with the Post through the organisation of joint projects, policy talks (under Chevening Alumni Project Funds), pre-departure and welcome home events;
- To help expand Chevening programme's outreach and diversify the applicant profile through organising and attending provincial visits to promote the programme;
- To help increase programme's visibility by helping CO manage social media accounts and suggest creative content to reflect all the dimensions of the programme;
- To update and help manage the Chevening /PPAs database and budget;
Application deadline 30 June 2019
Grade A2 (L)
Type of Position Fixed Term, Full-time
Working hours per week 36.25
Location (City) Ankara
Number of vacancies 1
Starting monthly salary (USD) 1,447.61 gross
Start Date 19 August 2019
This is a full-time, 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week, role under temporary contract of 12 months with possibility of renewal.
The monthly salary for this position is 1,447.61 USD gross, paid in 12 instalments, A2 level.
Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Ankara are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, adiverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff's potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- University Degree or equivalent;
- Fluent English and Turkish written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- At least two years of work experience in a support role carrying out a wide range of administrative tasks;
- Strong analytical, planning, time management and organisational skills;
- Highly organised and detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and customer service experience;
- Good interpersonal skills, including capability to work with senior leaders and stakeholders at all levels;
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Knowledge of scholarship schemes in Turkey or managing similar programmes desirable but not necessary;
Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service
En Yeni İlanlar
British Consulate General İstanbul
British Embassy Turkey
Our mission is to develop and improve relationships that will make the UK and Turkey more secure and prosperous. Our priorities include cooperation in international policy; trade and investment; defence; energy; illegal immigration; counter-terrorism; and international crime.
Our network of posts in Turkey, including the British Embassy in Ankara and our Consulate General in Istanbul, develop and maintain relations between the UK and Turkey. We work on a wide range of issues including Turkey’s bid to join the European Union, the economy, energy policy and international security.
We have a dedicated team working on projects to improve Turkey’s prospects of joining the EU. We are improving ties between British and Turkish companies to ensure that we meet the target set by the British prime minister and his Turkish counterpart in 2010 to double bilateral trade by 2015.
We have a large consular network with posts in Antalya, Bodrum, Marmaris, Izmir and Fethiye. These offices deal with a wide range of issues in a country that receives around 2.5 million British visitors a year and where up to 40,000 Britons live for all or part of the year.
In addition to staff posted to Turkey from the United Kingdom, the Embassy employs staff locally, most of whom are Turkish citizens. We seek to recruit and retain talented and high performing staff, who support and develop each other and are committed to high standards of service.
The Embassy values diverse talents, skills and background, drawing on the rich cultural and ethnic diversity of the UK and Turkey. As an equal opportunities employer, the Embassy welcomes applications from suitably qualified individuals, regardless of race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief and age.
The Embassy HR Office accepts applications only for specific vacancy announcements. We will not accept applications that are not associated with a specific vacancy announcement.Firmanın Diğer İlanları