Firmanın diğer ilanları
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and update the events calendar for all the various venues at the Consulate.
- Liaise with section representatives to provide planning and logistical support for their business hospitality events such as breakfasts, lunches and dinners plus conferences.
- Supervise and schedule event support staff such as waiters, security and cleaners.
- Oversee menus and quality of cooking and dinner service to ensure the highest possible standards.
- Oversee procurement, maintenance and set-up of all equipment and furniture related to event organisation.
- Supervise the housekeeping and quality of cleaning of all buildings on the compound including all offices within the Consulate, the Ballroom and fine rooms, meeting rooms and three transit rooms.
- Supervise purchase of cleaning supplies, stock records and record of consumption.
- Manage the cleaning, maintenance, booking and payment for the transit rooms.
- Manage the team of 8 cleaners, 3 gardeners, 1 assistant and 1 cook on a day to day basis to cover all routine work plus ad-hoc requests from sections.
- Conduct appraisals, manage staff performance including recognition of good performance and awarding of bonuses as well as managing poor performance, taking disciplinary action and other personnel actions as appropriate in line with FCO policy
- Comply with company and statutory regulations relating to food safety, health and safety at work, cleanliness, accident reporting and maintaining appropriate records.
Ensure all costs and expenditure is accounted for correctly, within FCO guidelines.
Provide the Corporate Services Manager with accurate monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts.
- Previous experience in a similar customer service environment such as hotel and catering or event management.
- Knowledge and experience of protocols relating VIP visits and events
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to flexibly manage work, prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent customer care skills and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Demonstrating Resilience
Main duties and responsibilities:
Market access co-ordination and reporting
Support our new Regional Market Access Co-ordinator with a range of activity and reporting requirements to deliver our market access plan for EECAN e.g. setting up learning and development activity, arranging workshops. This will require close working with DIT and Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO) colleagues, as well as wider cooperation between different UK missions and markets across the region;
Be responsible for supporting members of the network in developing their market access strategies;
Support the Regional Market Access co-ordinator by developing progress reports against barriers and identify where we need to make interventions and/or provide further support to our colleagues;
Provide market access support for those countries without a dedicated market access policy advisor.
This is a 18 month fixed-term contract, with possibility of renewal for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The monthly salary for this position is 3,251.74 USD gross C4 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Consulate General in Istanbul does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General in Istanbul is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
- Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Fluent spoken and written English;
- At least 3 years of previous relevant experience in Trade Policy, Market Access or Business Development;
- Highly organised, flexible, able to work at pace; and a proven record in being responsive to changing demands with the ability to juggle multiple priorities. Project management capability. Ideally you will have proven ability of working across a dispersed group.
- You will be an excellent written communicator; capable of setting the direction for your team and of gaining their trust and respect.
- Proven ability to build strong and effective relationships with a range of stakeholders, including senior stakeholders and partners to deliver your objectives.
- A self-starter, able to work autonomously and with experts across the region;
- Excellent networking and organisational skills, and the ability to work under pressure;
- The ability to manage and prioritise workload, drive agendas forward and deliver results;
- Demonstrate initiative, problem solving and judgement skills;
- The ability to manage, analyse, summarise and present complex information.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- An understanding of trade policy or have worked in an environment with an important trade element.
- Seeing the Big Picture, Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.Please be advised that the British Embassy in Ankara will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Trade Manager, Defence & Security Sector
- Yönlendirmeli İlan
- 725 Görüntüleme
The British Embassy in Ankara is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to hire a Trade Manager, Defence & Security Sector for the Department for International Trade (DIT) team.
DIT work to support companies based in the UK and their in-country representatives and partners overseas. Primarily the job involves providing support to the DIT team during their interactions with UK and Turkish industries and government. In particular the Ankara team focuses on supporting UK exports in the healthcare, life sciences, energy, education, infrastructure, defence & security sectors.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide support for UK companies seeking to develop and secure opportunities in the Defence and Security sectors within Turkey. This involves liaison with Turkish military and government authorities, managing relationships with key Turkish and British companies and their in country representatives, and planning and delivering official visits and participation at defence exhibitions.
Core duties include monitoring defence & security opportunity related activity; researching Turkish defence equipment requirements; distributing information to relevant British Industry; arranging inward and outward high level visits, appointments and meetings; responding to requests for information and assistance; accompanying senior Embassy colleagues and defence companies on their calls; briefing senior Embassy and visiting officials as required. There may be an occasional need for short periods of duty away from Ankara and some international travel.
In more detail, main responsibilities will include:Coordinating the day to day work of the DSO (Defence and Security Organisation) section within the DIT (Department for International Trade) team. Managing delivery of the high value campaigns and all reporting and briefing requirements of the section; Establishing, maintaining and expanding a wide range of high level contacts in the defence industry of Turkey, the defence procurement organisation (SSM) and the Turkish military. Working with those contacts and other sources of information to acquire a sophisticated knowledge of the key defence projects, opportunities and challenges for UK business. Using this knowledge to ensure UK industry, senior management in Turkey, DSO and wider Whitehall have accurate and up to date information on which to base commercial and policy decision making. Liaising with UK companies and following up on enquiries, including through visits to local companies, producing chargeable reports for UK companies when commissioned; Other duties involve contributing to the annual reports; completing required computer based metrics. Thereby ensuring that all measured targets are recorded and met; Managing and developing the 1 x member of staff who leads on the security portfolio. Ensuring that they have the guidance and support they need to deliver the value and volume targets in their sector. Ensure that all management tasks such as appraisals and claim authorisation are performed to a high standard and in a timely way; Arranging events (including high level participation at international shows such as Farnborough, DSEi, IEDF). Developing and implementing media and engagement strategies for high profile campaigns in the sector liaising closely with Embassy press and public affairs colleagues to maximise impact.
Essential qualifications, skills and experienceFluency in Turkish and English (both oral and written); Sound understanding of the Turkish defence industry and how this interacts with government and the military; Experience of running commercial campaigns, lobbying, public relations or similar roles in the public sector; The ability to work in a diverse, multicultural team where intense pressure and short deadlines are common; The ability to effectively represent UK interests in meetings and via presentations to high level and potentially unsympathetic audiences; Availability to do some out of hours work for events, receptions, exhibitions. Some domestic and international travel required including regular visits to the UK; Must have no restrictions on ability to undertake international travel including to the UK.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experienceDetailed knowledge of the Turkish defence procurement process (e.g. SSP) and/or the Turkish military; Experience of working in an international environment either at an Embassy or multilateral organisation; Experience or managing a team.
British Consulate General İstanbul
British Embassy Turkey
Our mission is to develop and improve relationships that will make the UK and Turkey more secure and prosperous. Our priorities include cooperation in international policy; trade and investment; defence; energy; illegal immigration; counter-terrorism; and international crime.
Our network of posts in Turkey, including the British Embassy in Ankara and our Consulate General in Istanbul, develop and maintain relations between the UK and Turkey. We work on a wide range of issues including Turkey’s bid to join the European Union, the economy, energy policy and international security.
We have a dedicated team working on projects to improve Turkey’s prospects of joining the EU. We are improving ties between British and Turkish companies to ensure that we meet the target set by the British prime minister and his Turkish counterpart in 2010 to double bilateral trade by 2015.
We have a large consular network with posts in Antalya, Bodrum, Marmaris, Izmir and Fethiye. These offices deal with a wide range of issues in a country that receives around 2.5 million British visitors a year and where up to 40,000 Britons live for all or part of the year.
In addition to staff posted to Turkey from the United Kingdom, the Embassy employs staff locally, most of whom are Turkish citizens. We seek to recruit and retain talented and high performing staff, who support and develop each other and are committed to high standards of service.
The Embassy values diverse talents, skills and background, drawing on the rich cultural and ethnic diversity of the UK and Turkey. As an equal opportunities employer, the Embassy welcomes applications from suitably qualified individuals, regardless of race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief and age.
The Embassy HR Office accepts applications only for specific vacancy announcements. We will not accept applications that are not associated with a specific vacancy announcement.Firmanın Diğer İlanları