Our client company is one of the leading filtration companies in the world. With a clear vision of "Leadership in Filtration" around 15,230 employees across more than 60 sites on all continents have generated a total sales revenue of about EUR 2.68 billion in 2013. The Group´s product portfolio includes air filter systems, intake manifold systems, liquid filter systems, cabin filters and sound-design components called symposer, as well as filter elements for motor vehicles maintenance. The company’s Turkish subsidiary is looking for a cost accountant for its production function and the head office.
- Construct data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system
- Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts
- Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues
- Update standard costs in the bill of materials
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
- Work with the materials review board to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory
- Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses
- Report on breakeven points by products, work centers, and factories
- Report on margins by product and division
- Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variance
Desired Qualifications: 2+ years of cost accounting/finance experience, or 2+ years experience in production sector. Also, a BA/BS degree, as well as excellent analysis skills, and the ability to collaborate with a multi-department team. Should have a good command of English .
Working Conditions: The cost accountant generally works in an office environment, but is expected to be highly familiar with all production operations, and to regularly visit all significant company operations.
Location: İstanbul Anatolian Side or Gebze