We’re currently seeking for young, dynamic, self motivated Finance professionals who can assist us to provide financial support, advice and expertise to the General Manager and the entire team, with the aim of maximizing value and to develop the quality of the accounting and financial requirements within the Hotel.
As a Director of Finance / Financial Controller you are responsible for the short and long term planning and the management of the finance operations to achieve or meet / exceed financial goals, whereby key responsibilities include:
•Overall management of the accounting records and financial reports of the hotel, ensuring compliance with company, owner, statutory and fiscal requirements and timetable
•Compliance with the management agreement and any Owner / Lease agreement
•Provide an effective and efficient control through focused system of internal control
•Monitor compliance with company policy and accounting procedures
•Ensure legal and tax compliance and that adequate insurance cover is maintained
•Liaise and co-operate with both Internal and External audits and ensure that corrective action is taken where required
•Develop best practice financial accounting and control procedures
•Support and advice the management team on financial and commercial matters
•Manage the formulation, review and approval of budgeting and strategic planning within the hotel, identifying value opportunities
•Ensure a regular cycle of forecasting is taking place with content and detail appropriate to the needs of the operation.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should be a college / university degree graduate with a minimum of 2 years experiences in a similar role with preferable previous experiences in the Middle East. You must be a computer literate with effective communication skills and an excellent command of written and spoken English.
Due to the country legislations, only Turkish Nationals can be considered for this role.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional with a solid finance background and the passion for quality & excellence. You are detail oriented and eager to share your desire to achieve highest returns on investments with your team members, while possessing following competencies:
Understanding the Business
Planning for Business
Drive for Results
Our client is a global lead in automotive sector.
For the office in Aksaray /Nigde, we are looking for a Finance Manager Turkey
- Managing Budget and Financial Controlling for developing and improving procedures,
- Assisting monthly closing process and control of accounts
- Assisting preparation of monthly financial reports and deviation analysis,
- Analysis of periodical reports such as P/L, sales reports, etc,
- To monitor and track the financial performance of the companies by determining the variances in actual figures compared with previous figures, budget and forecast,
- Analysis of cost reports,
- To contribute in preparing annual budget and quarterly forecasts,
- University degree in Business Administration / Economics / Industrial Engineering,
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a similar position,
- Working experience in an international environment,
- Excellent command of English both written and spoken,
- German knowledge is a plus,
- Analytical minded, problem solver and decision maker,
- Completed military obligation for male candidates
- Ready to live in Aksaray
A Director of Finance will lead the Finance department and associated operations such that account management, reporting, and interdepartmental and vendor relations are managed to optimise the hotels profitability.
What will I be doing?
As Director of Finance, you will lead the Finance department and associated operations such that account management, reporting, and interdepartmental and vendor relations are managed to optimise the hotels profitability. Specifically, you will be responsible:
- Ensure that Finance teams are providing month end closing and all other required management reports
- Work with the Finance Managers/General/Hotel Manager to provide full and accurate forecasting and budgeting proposals within the hotel
- Prepare capital reviews as required by the General/Hotel Manager and/or Accounting and Finance Departments
- Develop best practice financial accounting and control procedures and continually review the process and procedures to maximise impact and efficiency
- Ensure the balance sheets are a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotels
- Lead monthly finance update meetings with General Manager/Hotel team
- Comply with Hilton policies and procedures across the area, maximising performance on the Finance Balanced Scorecard
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required
- Review regularly the balance sheets, ensure reconciliations are performed of all cluster hotels controlled accounts and explain all balances even if reconciled elsewhere
- Assist Heads of the Department to improve their financial awareness and provide them with relevant financial information for their operations
- Serve your role and Team in an environmentally-conscience manner
What are we looking for?
A Director of Finance serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Relevant degree, in Finance or related business discipline, from an academic institution
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Organisation, planning skills and the ability to prioritise
- Rigorous commitment to accuracy and detail
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Effective management skills (upwards and downwards) and the willingness to coach and train others
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of commercial business, specially as it relates to hotel management
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry
- Experience with the PeopleSoft system
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Relevant degree, in Finance, Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
Experience in the hotel, leisure or retail sector
Possess strong commercial awareness
Excellent financial management experience
A full understanding of financial operating systems and procedures
Strong influencing, leadership skills, inter-personal and communication skills
Excellent analytical skills
Work in conjunction with the General Manager to provide full and accurate forecasting and budgeting proposals within the hotel
Provide timely and accurate financial statements
Ensure all financial regulations are met, through the maintenance of adequate systems of internal control
Prepare capital reviews as required by the General Manager and/or accountancy and Finance Department
Build the financial awareness among members of the local management team
Hold monthly meetings with the Management Team to give financial updates
Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required