Cultural Orientation Trainer
- 0 - 50 Arası Aday Başvurdu
- 613 Görüntüleme
Ref No: TU-IST-18-CO-01
To: ICMC Turkey/All Staff
Company / Job Description
The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an internationally operating non-governmental organization serving and protecting uprooted people, regardless of faith, race, ethnicity, or nationality.
For three decades, ICMC has partnered with the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) to conduct refugee resettlement. Currently ICMC operates under a cooperative agreement with PRM as a Resettlement Support Centre (RSC) to prepare eligible refugee applications for consideration for resettlement in Turkey and Middle East (TuME). As part of this service we work with several thousands of refugees and their families each year and take them through each stage of processing that is required for resettlement to the U.S.A. ICMC also has a sub-office in Beirut, Lebanon. The caseload includes a variety of different nationalities, including Iraqis, Iranians, Syrians and Afghans.
As part of US Refugee Resettlement processing, the Cultural Orientation (CO) Program constitutes an essential phase where refugees are given a three-day orientation to assist them in their adjustment and integration into life in the U.S. Some areas covered during these classes include education, housing, US law, social services, employment and money management, cultural adjustment. Each training session is tailored to a specific refugee population and its demographics. The trainer is responsible for delivering classes and carrying out any administrative and support activities required by the orientation program.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Deliver compelling learner-centered trainings to refugees bound for the United States. Work with training team on researching, designing, modifying and developing CO materials and curriculum.
Specific duties are as follows;
- Foster a learner-centered environment in the classroom through which refugees build an understanding of the skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary for a successful resettlement experience.
- Organize classroom supplies and materials necessary for an interactive environment.
- Maintain monthly inventories of all instructional supplies and order material in direct consultation with the lead trainer.
- Travel to regional sites and oversee the successful and efficient completion of Cultural Orientation classes, as required.
- Work with the team leader to research, design, modify and develop the CO materials and curriculum.
- Take an active part in staff professional development and contribute to the overall goals of the CO Program.
- Maintain weekly and monthly statistics on the people who have been trained.
- Update CO status in WRAPS.
- Perform one or more administrative duties in support of the classroom as assigned by the lead trainer.
- Complete forms and write reports as required.
- Cross-train and support duties of others in the department as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Head of CO.
Commitment to uphold ICMC’s values of fairness, equality and respect of human dignity;
Commitment to safeguard refugee interests and to prevent any real or perceived abuse of trust and conflict of interest;
Strong inter-personal skills.
Must have the initiative to work independently as well as part of a team.
Previous experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
Willingness to travel within the Middle East.
Previous instructional and / or training experience preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Knowledge of Arabic and /or Farsi preferred.
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
International living experience, preferable one year in the United States.
Turkish Nationals only.
References and criminal background checks are required prior to the start of employment. The successful candidate should be in good health and able to work in a setting that requires a high degree of flexibility.
The closing date for receipt of applications is the 31st October 2018.
Owing to the volume of applications received, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified. If you have not heard from us after 4 weeks of the closing date you can assume that you have not been short-listed. Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We are committed to diversity and equal opportunity for applicants and employees. Applications will be treated in strict confidence.
En Yeni İlanlar