Refugee Information Case Worker
- 0 - 50 Arası Aday Başvurdu
- 1778 Görüntüleme
Ref No: TU-IST-18-RIU-01
Company / Job Description
The Refugee Information Caseworker is responsible for promoting a positive image of ICMC/RSC through timely and effective communication with refugee applicants. The Refugee Information Caseworker is a vital point of contact between refugee applicants and ICMC/RSC staff. The Refugee Information Caseworker is also expected to support the Refugee Information Supervisor and the Head of RSC Communications in analyzing, developing, and improving internal and external communication activities as needed.
Key Roles and Repsonsibilities
- Answering written and verbal inquiries from refugee applicants on a daily basis;
- Assisting ICMC/RSC to schedule appointments for refugee applicants;
- Closely coordinating with colleagues and other ICMC RSC departments in regard to refugee inquiries and scheduling;
- Collecting and maintaining required information related to refugee applications and regularly updating electronic records accordingly;
- Supporting the Refugee Information Supervisor with the dissemination of relevant information to refugee applicants;
- Assisting the Refugee Information Supervisor and the IT Department with ICMC/RSC’s Refugee Information Website;
- Supporting the Refugee Information Supervisor with internal and external communications (including publications) related to refugee applicants;
- Supporting the Refuge Information Supervisor and the Head of RSC Communications in the coordination of special events, open houses, displays, exhibits, etc.;
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Refugee Information Supervisor and the Head of RSC Communications.
- Native fluency in Farsi and/or Dari (written and spoken) is required;
- Relevant university degree or equivalent experience required;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Commitment to uphold ICMC’s values of fairness, equality and respect of human dignity;
- Commitment to safeguard refugee applicant interests and to prevent any real or perceived abuse of trust and conflict of interest;
- Proven inter-personal skills and insight into conditions of refugees to treat them with patience and compassion, calmly and tactfully;
- Ability to accurately follow instructions regarding ICMC/PRM policies and procedures to provide and clarify information to refugee applicants;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage refugee applicant inquiries;
- Ability to identify problems and analyse alternatives to develop recommendations for improvements;
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility to perform in a dynamic workplace with strict deadlines and at times with constant interruptions;
- Experience in working in a multicultural work environment;
- Willingness to work flexible hours and at time weekends as needed.
HOW TO APPLY
This position is open to Turkish citizens only. References and criminal background checks are required prior to the start of employment. The successful candidate should be in good health and able to work in a setting that requires a high degree of flexibility.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 06 May 2018. Please include the position name, reference number and applicant’s full name in the email subject line.
Owing to the volume of applications received, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified. If you have not heard from us after 4 weeks of the closing date you can assume that you have not been short-listed. Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
We are committed to diversity and equal opportunity for applicants and employees. Applications will be treated in strict confidence.
En Yeni İlanlar