Firmanın diğer ilanları
Ref No: TU-IST-19-RIU-03
The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international non-governmental organization, whose mission is to protect and serve uprooted people, including refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced people, victims of human trafficking, and migrants - regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. In collaboration with governmental and non-governmental partners, and through a worldwide network of members, ICMC implements and advocates for right-based policies and sustainable solutions to address global migration challenges. ICMC’s operations are aimed to respond to the needs of vulnerable individuals and communities, and focus on protection, humanitarian assistance, resettlement, migration and development.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Refugee Information Caseworker is responsible for promoting a positive image of ICMC/RSC through timely and effective communication with refugee applicants. The Refugee Information Caseworker is a vital point of contact between refugee applicants and ICMC/RSC staff. The Refugee Information Caseworker is also expected to support the Refugee Information Supervisor and the Head of RSC Communications in analyzing, developing, and improving internal and external communication activities as needed.
- Answering written and verbal inquiries from refugee applicants on a daily basis;
- Assisting ICMC/RSC to schedule appointments for refugee applicants;
- Closely coordinating with colleagues and other ICMC RSC departments in regard to refugee inquiries and scheduling;
- Collecting and maintaining required information related to refugee applications and regularly updating electronic records accordingly;
- Supporting the Refugee Information Supervisor with the dissemination of relevant information to refugee applicants;
- Assisting the Refugee Information Supervisor and the IT Department with ICMC/RSC’s Refugee Information Website;
- Supporting the Refugee Information Supervisor with internal and external communications (including publications) related to refugee applicants;
- Supporting the Refuge Information Supervisor and the Head of RSC Communications in the coordination of special events, open houses, displays, exhibits, etc.;
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Refugee Information Supervisor and the Head of RSC Communications.
- Turkish citizenship;
- Native fluency in Farsi (written and spoken) is required;
- Knowledge of the Dari accent is a plus;
- Relevant university degree or equivalent experience required;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Commitment to uphold ICMC’s values of fairness, equality and respect of human dignity;
- Commitment to safeguard refugee applicant interests and to prevent any real or perceived abuse of trust and conflict of interest;
- Proven inter-personal skills and insight into conditions of refugees to treat them with patience and compassion, calmly and tactfully;
- Ability to accurately follow instructions regarding ICMC/PRM policies and procedures to provide and clarify information to refugee applicants;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage refugee applicant inquiries;
- Ability to identify problems and analyze alternatives to develop recommendations for improvements;
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility to perform in a dynamic workplace with strict deadlines and at times with constant interruptions;
- Experience in working in a multicultural work environment;
- Willingness to work flexible hours and at time weekends as needed;
- Conduct work with the highest level of personal and professional integrity. Must comply with and actively promote ICMC's zero tolerance policy with regard to sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment, abuse of power, fraud and corruption in all of its activities and responsibilities.
REFUGEE INFORMATION WEB SPECIALIST (REFUGEE DIGITAL INFORMATION SPECIALIST)
- 0 - 50 Arası Aday Başvurdu
- 1239 Görüntüleme
Ref No : TU-IST-18-RIU-02
Reports to: Refugee Information Supervisor and Head of RSC Communications
Company / Job Description
The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an internationally operating non-governmental organization serving and protecting uprooted people, regardless of faith, race, ethnicity, or nationality.
For over three decades, ICMC has partnered with the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration to conduct refugee resettlement. Currently ICMC operates under a cooperative agreement with the Department of State (DOS), as a Resettlement Support Centre (RSC) to prepare eligible refugee applications for consideration for resettlement in Turkey and Middle East (TuME). As part of this service we work with several thousands of refugees and their families each year and take them through each stage of processing that is required for resettlement to the U.S.A. ICMC RSC has its headquarters in Istanbul, Turkey and also maintains an operational presence in Beirut, Lebanon.
- To update and maintain the organization’s “Refugee Information Website” which provides vital information to refugees in the program;
- To coordinate with external website developers, ICMC’s Information Technology Department, ICMC’s Data Reporting Analyst and other staff/departments for the maintenance and effective functioning of the website;
- To support all web-based and digital refugee communication activites and projects (through the website, waiting room kiosks, sms systems, etc.);
- To analyze and regularly report trends and data from the Refugee Information Website;
- To monitor and approve refugee registrations with the Refugee Information Website.
- To assist the Refugee Information Supervisor with targeted communications initiatives, including but not limited to refugee surveys, updating informational signs throughout the building, updating refugee pamphlets and handouts, etc.;
- To support the Refugee Information Supervisor with internal and external communications (including publications), including the dissemination of relevant information to refugees;
- To support the daily activities of the Refugee Information Unit, including answering written and verbal inquiries from refugees and coordinating timely responses with colleagues in other ICMC departments;
- To work in collaboration with casual workers (interpreters) and assigned staff in ICMC Istanbul and Beirut offices in answering refugee inquiries;
- To support the Refuge Information Supervisor and the Head of RSC Communications in coordination of special events, open houses, displays, exhibits, etc.;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of RSC Communications and the Refugee Information Supervisor.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
Commitment to uphold ICMC’s values of fairness, equality and respect of human dignity;
Commitment to safeguard refugee interests and to prevent any real or perceived abuse of trust and conflict of interest;
Demonstrated competencies in website content management, including proposing relevant information and visual design;
Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required.
Knowledge of Farsi and/or Arabic is an advantage; Relevant university degree or equivalent experience required;
Strong written and oral communication skills;
Proven inter-personal skills and insight into conditions of refugees to treat them with patience and compassion, calmly and tactfully;
Ability to accurately follow instructions regarding program policies and procedures regarding appropriate communications with refugees;
Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage the inquiry workload of Refugee Information Unit;
Ability to identify problems and analyze alternatives to develop workable solutions;
Ability to effectively work in a dynamic environment with many deadlines and at times with many interruptions;
Experience working in a multi-cultural work environment.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your up-to-date CV via email to email@example.com together with a cover letter explaining why you think you would be suited to this post. The closing date for the applications is 20th December 2018.
Please include the posting reference number (TU-IST-18-RIU-02) and your full name in the email subject line. Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
En Yeni İlanlar