Job Title: Coach Driver
Job Code: TH-BD-2206
Reports to : Shift Supervisor
Who reports in to this position: Yard Supervisor
Location: Hamid Karzai International Aiport, North Cantonment (Secure NATO military base)
Based in an operational theatre of war, with arduous conditions, which includes heat & dust, frequently involving exposure to the elements.
Core Responsibilities and Duties
The coach driver is responsible for the timely movement of passengers tasked by the Management and servicing of all coaches and MHE under the NSPA/ISAF contract within Afghanistan. To ensure the safe handling of coaches and of personal on all contracted coaches. Responsible for the day to day mechanical checks and servicing of all coaches, and reporting to Management and AEVM, any mechanical issues that need to be dealt with. Provide expert guidance on all aspects of coach handling and MHE operations, to keep the shift supervisors, yard supervisor updated on any day to day transport issues that may occur.
• Proven ability to operate a coach safely & abide by all road laws implemented on KAF
• To assist in the maintenance, and daily services of coaches.
• Ex-military background is strongly preferred.
• Be extremely knowledgeable in coach driving and dealing with passengers, to know all routes set out by AMTTS on KAF to enable smooth running of set time tables, and tasking
• Have knowledge of the current operating criteria within KAF regarding transport, standard operating procedures and processes.
• Have a full drivers license Car, Coach, & MHE
• Be familiar with NATO, ICAO and ISO terminology
• Experience of working on operations in austere remote sites or in developing nations.