Our company is a major supplier of cosmetics and household products in the USA, with a manufacturing plant in Turkey and several supply chain operations in Asia.
We employ our own design team of 6 people, specialized mainly in packaging design.
We are looking for an art director / project director who will be responsible for managing all the design projects as well as to set design standards for the department and oversee all designs produced by the team.
Job title: Creative Manager
Responsibilities & Requirements:
· Is an essential team player in the product development process. This position oversees, manages and directs the whole design process.
· Continuously in contact with the rest of the company to make sure the deadlines are met design production wise.
· Will make sure the designs produced are in line with manufacturing standards and needs.
· The creative lead working with designers, manufacturing team, sales team and marketers to create a vision for products sold. Should have good interpersonal skills.
· Directs and oversees a team of designers and drafters who use computer aided design (CAD) for product design.
· Develops, implements, and manages the company's design strategy.
· Reviews and approves the art materials (labels, bottles, caps, ready to shelf displays, etc.) developed by the team.
· Ensures drawings and designs are completed on time and adhere to the established specifications and standards.
· Resolves operational problems; identifies the prioritization and work process improvements.
· Has a bachelor's degree in area of Industrial Design or Graphic Design and at least 10 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
· Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Freehand proficiency is required
· Fluency in written and spoken English is a must.