As one of the leaders in our industry, over the past 30 years we’ve confirmed our place as the largest provider of electronic payment systems worldwide. With a diverse, dynamic and fast-paced work environment, our employees are results-focused and always given opportunities to excel.
We’re leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, our team is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors.
Even though we’re a leader in the industry, in the past year we started a transformation of our global business. We’ve hired a new CEO and changed the direction of the companies, so we are not so focused only on hardware but expanding to offer more services and software. And with more than 90 offices around the world, we offer a wide variety of local opportunities to fit your career goals. We provide competitive compensation and benefits packages throughout our locations along with a culture-rich environment with advancement and career development opportunities. There are fantastic opportunities to develop your career and after our transformation we expect to be even bigger, and you can be a big part of the evolution.
Job Title: EEMEA Revenue Controller
We’re looking for a professional accountant who will be working closely with sales, legal, local controller and local finance manager.
- Review contracts prior to signature to ensure the most appropriate revenue treatment.
- Review signed agreements to determine appropriate revenue recognition based on VeriFone revenue recognition policy and US GAAP.
- Prepare and/or review Revenue Recognition Checklists (RRCs) in accordance with corporate thresholds for review and approval by Region Controller and Corporate team.
- Manage monthly revenue accounting close efforts for assigned area, including assurance of accurate and timely results and preparation of auditable revenue and deferred revenue account reconciliations
- Work with accounting team to maintain deferred revenue schedules and recognition of revenue against agreements
- Perform technical accounting research regarding revenue recognition and write memo’s documenting conclusions and proper accounting treatment as required
- Participate in proactively identifying, assessing and implementing preventative and detective controls and process improvements and participate in compliance with all internal Sarbanes Oxley related requirements
- Work with accounting team to prepare analytical review of revenue-related accounts for reporting purposes
- Proactively build relationships with the shared service center personnel handling the processing of
transactions to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Maintain contract documentation for assigned areas (including contracts, purchase orders, client
acceptances and other documentation) required for review and audit of revenue recognition
- Support the quarterly revenue forecasting process in quantifying and communicating impact of
revenue treatment on deferred revenues
- Own annual and half year VSOE analysis
- Participate in the balance sheet review process including analysis of accrued, deferred and
- Reports to: EEMEA Region Controller/Director
- Occasional travel within EEMEA countries required
- At least 8 years of professional accounting experience with 3 to 4 years relevant revenue recognition experience
- Possess an excellent understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) including, but not limited to practical knowledge of revenue recognition issues in general and multiple-element arrangements and software and high-tech revenue recognition.
- Solid spreadsheet (Excel) and word processing (Word) skills, including data mining and summarizing and analyzing information in pivot tables
- Ability to effectively communicate to and influence very different audiences in different functions and geographic locations
- Ability to discuss issues in a technical manner both within and outside of finance
- Ability to research technical accounting issues and communicate relevant conclusions Strong organization skills and ability to work accurately and independently
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information to managers, peers, and other organizations within the Company.
- Oracle experience preferred
Verifone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please visit: http://global.verifone.com/company/careers/