The Dow Chemical Company is looking for an Accountant (Disabled Employee) to be based in Istanbul, Turkey. Please note that this is a temporary role for 11 months; under Dow headcount. We are primarily looking for Disabled candidates for this role.
As a member of the Controller’s Accounting organization, the individual performing this job is responsible for performing the role of accounts payable processor for a variety of subsidiaries. Candidate will have coordination and processing transaction responsibilities of Accounts Payable invoices and import transactions and archiving. She/he will be asked to participate in various Financial Accounting team projects for the purpose of improving efficiencies and client satisfaction.
· Follow up a process of invoice both Internal and external
· Archiving of Invoice data according to its categories.
· Able to work with different environments handling multiple clients and contacts for each invoice.
· Able to find and spot the invoices which don’t have PO or the documents which doesn’t contain PO.
· Keep track on slow approvals.
· Approval / Research and Rectify errors on Charge Code and other type GL Code errors.
· Additional responsibilities such as filing contracts, handling client requests, able to handle databases related to vendors of the company.·
· Perform account reconciliations of the accounts under his/her ownership.
· Controlling Expenses
· Perform Accounts Payable balance reconciliation with the business partners and Intercompany accounts.
· Filling input VAT list
· Helps to drive change to reduce complexity
· Uses customer/client information to improve work processes
· Recognizes cross-functional as well as cross-Finance impacts and takes action to address needs
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Proficiency using SAP and other technology and systems. Work process aptitude is critical to success.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness - Values people; relates and communicates well with partners in both business aligned and functional roles as well as other members of the Financial and Statutory organization; builds appropriate rapport; listens, understands, and responds to others' concerns; builds effective relationships.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Must have strong, mature teamwork skills and a desire to work within a team environment. Must be willing to share ownership of successful improvement methods and teach others for the benefit of the organization.
- Internal Control and Compliance - Ability to evaluate the appropriateness of controls to business and internal processes and enforce compliance to these controls and other regulations.
- Analytical Thinking - Thinks analytically and logically solves problems by collecting the appropriate data, processing it into relevant information, and forming meaningful conclusions.
- Teamwork - Actively participates and contributes to the success of the broader controller organization.
We are looking for an Accounting Specialist to work with our client which operates in hardware software services.
Perform daily accounting functions ( bank transactions, sales and purchase invoices, import export transactions etc.)
Supporting preparation of local tax declarations (i.e. VAT / Withholding Tax / Annual Tax)
Participating in accounting closing processes
Take responsibility for internal and external auditors about all financial requests
Supporting for all required legal reporting and accounting issues.
Take responsibility for daily import duties with custom clearance service company
University degree in related fields (i.e. Accounting/Economics/Finance)
Minimum 2- 3 years of accounting experience in a multinational company
Good understanding of Turkish accounting system and tax regulations
Good communication skills and strong team-player who is also self-motivated
Able to work and communicate in English
Highly competent with MS Excel
Strong analytical skill and detail result oriented
SAP knowledge is preferable
* EPS , Türkiye İş Kurumu Özel İstihdam Bürosu izin belgesi sahibidir. Belge No : 10 Tarih : 24.03.2015 .