- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel services/features and hours of operations
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all hotel and departmental policies and procedures
- Maintain complete knowledge of computer according to specifications
- Handle guest complaints by following instant pacification procedures ensuring guest satisfaction
- Promote positive relations with guests and employees
- Maintain high level of knowledge in reference to the brand product
- Meet solicitation and maintenance call requirements, make outside sales calls, handle all incoming inquiries
- Anticipate and respond to all customer needs within a timely manner, acknowledge all customers, however busy and whatever time of day
- Follow up with in house guest who are part of the corporate sales program to ensure ongoing service to the guest
- Plan and prepare appointments for sales trips, follow up in a timely manner
- Attend designated trade shows
- Attend departmental and hotel meetings as required
- Entertain customers in all outlets as necessary
- Process paperwork to clients, other departments within a timely manner. Complete all assigned paperwork within a timely manner
- Support financial success of hotel by ensuring all bookings are profitable for the entire hotel.
- Represents the hotel within the designated markets.
- Meets goals in room nights and revenue as set by supervisors.
- Minimum 1 years experience in a similar position at a 5 star hotel chain
- University degree
- Fluency in English
- Ability to prioritize, organize work assignments and follow up
- Ability to promote positive relationships with guests and staff
- Ability to perform job function with minimal supervision, even under pressure
- Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guests and hotel data
- Ability to enforce hotel’s quality procedures
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision and to lead a cohesive team to perform job functions and follow up with corrections when necessary
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment
- Ability to input and access information into computer
- Ability to remain calm and courteous with demanding or difficult situations
- Ability to balance time and work well with deadlines
Promote awareness of brand image internally and externally. Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty to Marriott. Responsibility on designated market segments, special corporate rates and build up relations with designated corporate accounts. This position oversees to perform active sales to corporate customers, to perform necessary activities to increase the number of potential customers and to increase the current customer database.
Analyze segments, search for potential accounts, setting target accounts.
Continual customer contact directed towards existing customers, potential customers and partners within own market segments via direct sales calls and entertainments.
Increase number of sales by forming and maintaining professional business relations with prospect accounts or clients.
Positively contribute to all the sales activities within the company and maximize sales opportunities.
The sales representative shall map out the development in his market segment and report back to the company for continuing strategic planning and product development.
Participate in planning and realization of sales campaigns, destination sales within defined market segments.
Monitor the market and competition situation within own market segment.
Prepares sales reports and ensures market and customer info for further follow-up work.
Active contribution of information to other departments so that customers expectations are satisfied.
Responsibility for defined customers within own market segment.
Closely monitor production to achieve the designated individual goals.
Periodically visit of customers to define their needs and to find potential new customers.
Tracks and prepares the necessary reports.
Conducts site inspections.
Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics of the brand.
- At least 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Tourism Management, or other related area
At least 2 years experience in a similar position in an international hotel chain
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to focus attention on details and to handle multiple tasks
Result driven, proactive and reliable personality
Excellent command of both written and spoken English