Prosperity Support Officer (TUR18.017)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The British Consulate General Istanbul is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to hire a full-time permanent Prosperity Support Officer for the Economic and Prosperity section.
Main Purpose of Job:
Work as part of the Economic and Prosperity Team in the Turkey network to support the delivery of the UK’s prosperity agenda for Turkey, including promoting the conditions for growth in Turkey, and delivering commercial benefits to the UK. The UK’s prosperity agenda focuses on trade, financial services and promoting the business environment in Turkey, as well as continuing action to tackle growth barriers and global economic problems. As well as working as part of the Economic and Prosperity Team, the jobholder will also work in close collaboration with the Science & Innovation Officer and the Department for International Trade (DIT) Team to support delivery of the prosperity agenda. Activities include making arrangements for events and meetings that form part of the prosperity agenda, coordinating work plans and administration of the Economic and Prosperity team who are based in Ankara and Istanbul.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the UK’s prosperity agenda by:
- Working with the Economic and Prosperity Team and supporting them in day to day organisation including managing meetings and events, diary management for the Head of Team and general admin duties
- Arranging visits for members of the team between Ankara and Istanbul, and the UK. Preparing detailed programmes, organising meetings and managing logistics (e.g. flights and hotels) of these visits
- Provide procurement support to the Team
- Act a secretary to the Prosperity Board, organising quarterly Prosperity Board meetings, producing an update to the Board prior to each meeting and circulating minutes
- Handling visa enquiries from key contacts
- Liaise with the Prosperity Fund Programme Manager to contribute to the delivery of the Prosperity Fund in Turkey, including:
- Assisting the Prosperity Fund Manager and sector leads in monitoring and evaluation of projects and assist in liaising with implementing agencies to ensure activities are being conducted in accordance with agreed plans and objectives.
- Application deadline 6 February 2018
- Grade A2 (L)
- Type of Position Full-time, Permanent
- Working hours per week 36.25
- Region Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
- Country/Territory Turkey
- Location (City) Istanbul
- Type of Post British Consulate General
- Number of vacancies 1
- Starting salary (TRY) 58,446.08 TL gross
- Start Date 1 April 2018
Other benefits and conditions of employment
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- University or equivalent degree
- Strong communication skills with excellent spoken and written Turkish and English (essential)
- Event management experience
- A strong understanding of customer service and have experience in dealing with VIP customers, senior officials and customers
- Ability to manage own work with minimal supervision and work effectively under tight deadlines
- Ability to manage others
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word, PowerPoint and Excel (essential)
- Excellent team and people skills, and be comfortable engaging with people of all levels of seniority and (potentially) handling sensitive relationships
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and good follow-up discipline
- Availability for occasional travel around Turkey and the United Kingdom
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with internal and external customers, stakeholders and partners and undertake outward facing representational work
Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace