Cags Tobacco, a manufacturer of tobacco/cigarette tubes/ rolling papers, is looking for a Manager of Sales & Marketing team member. Please kindly note that this position is based in Maslak / istanbul.
Functions as the leader of the company’s Sales and Marketing Department. Manages reactive and proactive regional and global sales efforts. Provides day to day leadership to sales associates to achieve sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and revenues.
Implements the brands’ service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales & marketing process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives.
Evaluates the company’s participation in the various sales channels (e.g., Area Sales, electronic lead channels, etc.) and develops strong working relationships to proactively position and market the company.
Manages the marketing budget to enable development of specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet objectives. Interfaces with regional and international marketing communications for regional and international promotions pull through. Develops and implements – wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the company’s target customer profile and provides a return on investment to the owner.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
- Manages the company’s reactive and proactive sales efforts.
- Determines and develops marketing communication activities.
- Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Researches competitors’ sales team strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and increase market share.
- Suggests innovative marketing ideas and develops deployment strategies to continue to grow market share.
- Evaluates and supports participation and account deployment with Area Sales and Group Sales within the Sales Office.
- Participates in sales calls with members of the Sales and Marketing team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Identifies public relations opportunities and coordinates activities to augment the overall marketing communication strategy.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
- Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues and controlling expenses of Sales & Marketing team.
- Implements the company’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of its’ sales objectives.
Building Successful Relationships
- Develops strong partnerships with local organizations to further increase brand/product awareness.
- Develops strong community and public relations by maintaining participation in international tradeshows and client events.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Cags Tobacco.
- Gains understanding of the company’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Develops sales goals and strategies and verifies alignment with the brand business strategy.
- Executes the sales strategy in order to meet individual booking goals for both self and staff.
- Targets to attract, develop and retain the right people in order to support the strategic priorities of the market.
- Identifies, trains and mentors group sales associates; utilizes all available on the job training tools for associates.
- Provides day to day leadership to sales associates to achieve sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and revenues.
- Manages the marketing budget to enable development of specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet objectives.
Candidate Profile Education and Experience
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related major; minimum 10 years’ experience in the sales and marketing on tobacco related products’ or FMCG.
- Previously a manager of sales and marketing in a cigarette or tobacco related company.
- Fluent English and Turkish, both oral and written is mandatory, additional language is preferred.