British Consulate General İstanbul
The British Embassy in Ankara is part of a worldwide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking for Political Team Assistant and Personal Assistant to Deputy Ambassador.
The political section is looking for an assistant to help support its work. It is essential that the successful jobholder has strong administration, organisation and communication skills. The ability to prioritise and problem solve under pressure is also important. The role is split into three elements: Political Assistant; Visits Officer; and Personal Assistant to the Deputy Ambassador.
As Political Assistant the jobholder is responsible for supporting the political section logistically with: organising events, arranging meetings, setting up transport and helping to manage the team budget. There are often competing demands on the jobholders’ time, the ability to work quickly, accurately and prioritise is essential. The ability to support the team with research, producing documents and occasional translation is also desirable.
Ankara sees a high number of senior visits from UK Royals, Ministers, MPs and diplomats. The job holder should be able to lead and arrange the logistics for visits. This involves everything from arranging flights and transport, to coordinating with Turkish interlocutors and managing the often changing program. The ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure, problem solve, along with showing a can-do attitude is essential. During and in the lead up to visits, the jobholder may be required to work additional hours to ensure the visit is a success. The previous job holder successfully organised 16 senior level visits in 2016 and 13 in 2017 including a royal visit, UK Prime Minister and UK Foreign Secretary (3 times).
The jobholder also acts as the Personal Assistant to the Deputy Ambassador (DHM). This involves managing the DHM’s extremely busy schedule including domestic/foreign travel, and setting up internal and external calls with senior interlocutors. Strong communication skills are vital to ensure that the DHM day runs smoothly and that she gets to meetings on time and prepared. There are often competing demands on the DHM, the jobholder should be able to help the DHM prioritise and manage her time effectively. Experience of supporting seniors is desirable. The jobholder also liaises with the Ambassador’s office and other teams to ensure that the DHM efforts are coordinated and utilitised. Occasional translation and producing documents may also be needed.
Apart from these roles, the jobholder also: provides cover for the Personal Assistant to the British Ambassador; and helps monitor, signpost and respond to emails from the public which have been sent to the Embassy email account.
This job description may be subject to change if political section secure funds to hire an additional member of staff in the coming months.
In short, main responsibilities will include:Political Assistant: including making appointments, arranging meetings/travels, making payments/accounting, producing documents such as biographies, short translations, notes and reports;
Visits Officer: senior level visits to the Embassy and all other levels to the Political Team;
Personal Assistant to DHM: including organisation of schedule and diary, arranging meetings / travels, preparing documents;
Other activities: including event organising, maintaining office systems, dealing with phone calls, activities related to Information Manager email account, providing cover to HMA’s Personal Assistant.
Fluency in English and Turkish (both oral and written);
Excellent planning and organisation skills;
Ability to work closely with senior staff and Turkish interlocutors, including Ministers and Ambassadors;
Ability to maintain and develop a range of contacts to build effective working relationships;
Ability to coordinate with external contacts;
Being adaptable and open to change;
Ability to work under pressure;
Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools particularly Outlook, Word and Excel;
Ability to translate and interpret documents from / to English and Turkish.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
Minimum two years experience working in administration, a support role or as a personal assistant to a senior.
This is a full-time permanent contract, for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The monthly salary for this position is 1,447.61 USD gross, paid in 12 monthly instalments, A2 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Ankara are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
The British Embassy in Ankara is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas, and is now looking to hire a Budget Manager on a 2-year fixed term contract with possibility of renewal.
The Budget Manager for the Turkey Network, comprising Ankara, Istanbul, Izmir, Bodrum, Antalya and Fethiye and Marmaris, will be working in a busy and dynamic network at a time of rapid change. The job holder will be responsible for overseeing the professional and accurate delivery of finance and budgeting services, working with policy makers in London, senior management at Post and the Finance hub in Vilnius to implement new initiatives, with the Regional Corporate Services Centre in Milton Keynes to ensure the effective and timely provision of financial transactioning, and will be responsible for the provision of accurate budgeting information to senior management. The role reports to the Head of Corporate Services in Ankara and the DHM in Ankara/Istanbul.
The role requires someone that is innovative, energetic, as well as a self-starter and experienced manager with a successful finance background. The Budget Manager will thrive on challenge, have the drive and resilience to see a job through, and set and observe high standards of customer service. The job holder will be given considerable freedom of action and will be expected to use their own initiative with little day-to-day input from line managers, often exercising their own judgement on the basis of limited information.
Main duties and responsibilities
Budget and Finance (80%):
- Budget forecasting and management for all Turkey Network posts, in close consultation with senior managers, in accordance with FCO corporate policies to ensure on-budget expenditure and value for money delivery;Prepare monthly, annual and ad hoc (bespoke) reports to senior managers on budget management, including budget projections and spending to date;
- Provide financial analysis as required and assist in preparation of business cases for additional funding from London, or in plans to implement savings and efficiencies;
- Provide monthly reports on spend to OneHMG partners in the Turkey Network;
- Financial compliance and assurance: oversee accounts to ensure proper financial controls are in place and are being followed;
- Propose new approaches and solution, demonstrating innovative thinking to the complex and cross-cutting problems that will arise from the management of a significant network budget of almost £9 million in a Network with multiple OneHMG partners.
Leadership and Management (20%):
- Ensure overall efficient and effective operation of the work of the Finance Team, with responsibility for managing one staff member. Providing guidance and advice to Prism users across a large and busy Network, and the CSMs and finance points-of-contact in all Turkey Network posts;
- Stakeholder engagement to include all posts in the Turkey Network, and more widely; key departments in London including Finance Directorate, the Europe Directorate RMU, the Corporate Services Centre in Milton Keynes, and the regional Finance Hub in Vilnius.
- An ability to influence these stakeholders at a senior level is a requirement;Ability to manage and motivate staff, ensuring that tight deadlines are met to a high standard.
- At least 3 years of staff and budget management experience with a successful finance/accounting background;
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or relevant work experience;
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills, with very good attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills with a strong costumer focus;Ability to work with contacts and colleagues at all levels;
- Flexible, resilient under pressure and decisive with a proven track record of delivering results to a high standard within tight dealines;
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills;Fluent spoken and written English.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Oracle based finance/budgeting software experience;
- Fluency in Turkish would be desirable but not mandatory.
This is a two year fixed-time contract, for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The monthly salary for this position is 2,602.41 USD gross (will be paid in 12 monthly instalments) B3 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
Firmanın Tüm İlanlarını ListeledikDaha Fazlası İçin : Ana menüdeki "İş Bulma Sihirbazını" kullanabilirsin.