Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the brand’s target customer.Analyzes service issues and identifies trends.Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward achievement of goals.Works with hotel management team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
Managing Revenue Goals
Monitors hotel operations sales performance against budget.Reviews reports and financial statements to determine hotel operations performance against budget.Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy & rate, wages and controllable expenses.Reviews the Wage Progress Report and compares budgeted wages to actual wages, coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holding team accountable for results
Leading Operations and Department Teams
Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery and ensures alignment amongst the hotel leadership teams.Develops systems to enable employees to understand guest satisfaction results.Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
Managing the Guest Experience
Reviews guest feedback with leadership team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.Stays visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.Creates an atmosphere in all Rooms and Food and Beverage areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results.Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in Operations (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibiting behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; making a good first impression and representing the company in alignment with its values.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; obtaining and comparing information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
· Communication - Conveying information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods. Strong public presentation skills.
· Adaptability - Maintaining performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathering information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizing and arranging work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Driving for Results - Setting high standards of performance for self and/or others; assuming responsibility for work objectives; initiating, focusing, and monitoring the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively taking action and going beyond what is required
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Leading and participating as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacting with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Developing and sustaining relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with company values.
· Fostering Inclusion - Supporting employees with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; leveraging personal differences to achieve objectives; and promoting a work environment where all employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.