Under the direction of the Exploration Manager, is responsible for exploration duties as required while continuously aligning daily functions to reflect best practice of international standards.
- Geologic/structural mapping, sampling, modelling and interpretation.
- QA/QC tracking and validation.
- Field supervision of drilling/sampling
- Logging drill core and cuttings.
- Geologic/structural modelling and interpretation.
- Monthly, annual and technical reporting.
- Data entry and database management.
- Performs work assignments in a timely manner.
- Represents the company with contractors.
- Responsible to implement the Environmental Health and Safety Management system in his/her areas of responsibility.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including safety, environmental, confidentiality and code of conduct.
- Meets or exceeds established performance expectations set by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in geological sciences
- 3 years of experience in gold/precious and base metal exploration
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good use of English skills
- General understanding of mineral exploration, alteration, geochemistry applied to exploration and drilling techniques and equipment
- Knowledge and experience with GIS software such as MapInfo, Discover, ArcGIS, Leapfrog etc.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment. Valid driver’s license
- Availability to travel abroad